Saturday, July 4, 2009

Jason's deli

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy! That's how I describe this delicious destination in College Park. I was looking for a place that made GREAT sandwiches, not something that I could just throw together at home. In my quest I found Jason's Deli. Not only do they have great sandwiches but they also have a menu that includes other greats such as pasta, salads, potatoes, and desserts! Needless to say I was overwhelmed by the menu: wraps, paninis, wrapinis( a creation all their own!), pasta, po'boys, soup, salad, fruit! Where is a gal to begin. Well, after inspecting the menu five times over I decided to go with the Ciabatta-Bing! Oven roasted turkey breast, roasted tomatoes, purple onions, homemade guacamole, swiss(but hold the cheese for me please) and organic field greens on multigrain ciabatta. Boy was that a mouth full....literally! This sandwich was great. Not too much meat, not too much dressing, just the right amount of everything. Really. The bread was slightly toasted, but not hard or tough. You could bite into this sandwich and not feel like you had to rip it out of your mouth just to finish the bite. And the guacamole was delish... just the right amount of mayo to avocado. It was great. Did I mention that you can choose from blue corn tortilla chips with salsa or guacamole, fresh fruit, steamed veggies, or baked chips and a pickle all for the price of your sandwich!! That's what I'm talking about.
I also tried one of their soups, the spicy seafood gumbo. That was delicious as well, not quite like my Great-Grandmother Sweetie use to make it but it sure came in a close second!! Plenty pieces of shrimp and a lot of kick. The fruit was also tasty, although I did not care too much for the fruit dip that came with.

This place is a must try. In addition to carrying out you can also sit down as they pride themselves as being "The Deli Restaurant Since 1976." Jason's Deli is located at 7356 Baltimore Ave. College Park, Maryland. You can also check them out online at www.jasonsdeli.com or by phone 301.779.3924. And please tell them you found them on I ATE IT YOU SHOULD TRY IT.

Now Go Eat Great

Ajahmure A.K.A I ATE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment