Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Shuler's Family Kitchen

Hey people this delicious destination might just be my pick of the month.....Shuler's Family Kitchen!! The owner, John Shuler, really knows how to throw down!! I had grilled tilapia with cabbage and candy yams. The fish was grilled fresh and was spiced to perfection, it was crisp but not dry! I loved it. This little place located on 5205 Marlboro Pike Capital Heights, MD 20743 is full of character. Upon arriving at the restaurant I was kind of skeptical but boy am I glad I didn't judge a book by its cover. Inside I was greeted by the aroma of wonderful spices and Mr.Shuler himself. It is set up buffet style(but you don't do the the serving, they serve you), so everything is set up for you to see and make your choice that much harder! It all looked so good I didn't know what to do! After making my decision to go with the tilapia ( did I mention that the fish was very meaty, I'm not talking your flat freezer fish from the grocery store....and you know what I'm talking about, I'm talking plump!), I walked over to the tables to discover dominoes, checkers and chess on one table and Uno on another, there was also a TV on the wall. So I decided to play a little Uno and watch a little TV. After whipping up on my friend for two hands the food was ready. The games served as a distraction because it didn't even seem as though it had taken that long for our food to be ready! Mr.Shuler had out done himself I was extremely happy with my decision. Besides the great food and atmosphere, this place gets even better! They also serve breakfast, and yes I did go back the following morning to try it out and it was delicious too! But wait there's more.... they close at 10 pm BUT on Friday and Saturday open back up at 2 am to serve the late nighters who are just coming home from the club!!! Don't worry you don't have to thank ME just go and try them out. I promise you won't be disappointed and make sure you tell him you found it on I ATE IT YOU SHOULD TRY IT!!

Now go eat GREAT!!

Ajahmure A.K.A I ATE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment